The packers were pretty banged up coming into this game with 5 starters out. Davante Adams put on a show with almost 200 yards receiving and 2 TDs. Aaron Rodgers had 4 TDs/no INTs and the defense actually showed up for this game.
- The Packers once again scored on their first possession of the game - they have been a machine to start every game this year.
- The Packers were missing Aaron Jones, Alan Lazard, Tyler Ervin & David Bhaktiari but the offense still was humming for the most part.
- The play where Jace Sternberger caught a short TD on the goal line was one of Lefluer's best goal line calls since he became the Packers head coach - it was perfect.
- We got a decent look at rookie AJ Dillon in this game and he was ok.
- Jamal Williams might be the most underrated player on the Packers roster - he is outstanding in his role.
- The offensive line held up remarkably well given they were missing their all-pro left tackle. Billy Turner did very well after being named the interim LT.
- I have no idea what the Texans secondary was doing in terms of guarding Davante Adams because he absolutely destroyed them this game.
- The defense actually played pretty well this game - the final score was not as close at it was in the end.
- Preston Smith finally showed up and made a few plays. The stop of Jackson on 4th down was easily his best play of the season that has basically been a disappointment for him.
- Mike Pettine looks like a Florida retirement community version of the Batman villain "bane".
- Kamal Martin got his first snaps this season after coming off of short term IR. He looked pretty darn good in his first game. It will be very interesting to see how he develops this year if he stays healthy.
- SPECIAL TEAMS:
- It was not a banner day for the punting/kicking game. JK Scott had a punt blocked and the kicking team unit completely biffed on an onside kick at the end of the game that made the game tighter than it should have been.
- PREDICTIONS vs. VIKINGS:
- Andy 31-17 Packers
- Jeremy 30-16 Packers
- Elliot 35-7 Packers