#24 - “2018 Draft Post-Mortem”
The NFL Draft - overall recap of picks:
- Jaire Alexander; CB; Louisville
- Josh Jackson; CB; Iowa
- Oren Burks; LB; Vanderbilt
- J'Mon Moore; WR; Missouri
- Cole Madison; OL; Washington State
- JK Scott; P; Alabama
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling; WR; South Florida
- Equanimeous St. Brown; WR; Notre Dame
- James Looney; DE; California
- Hunter Bradley; LS; Mississippi State
- Kendall Donnerson; OLB; SE Missouri State
- Packers Organization stuff as it relates to the draft:
- Andy + Jeremey had quite a back and forth via FB messenger that was basically a Seinfeld-esque “airing of grievances” regarding the packers lol. (We can go through that thread as needed and maybe find some gems!)
- Thoughts on how Gutekunst ran the draft (was it more like the same old stuff, ie Ted, or did he sort of break the mold a bit?)
- Jeremy was NOT pleased when Gute traded out of the 14th pick, and then got a 1st round pick from the Saints for 2019. While this move does not help right now, it was grand larceny by Gute...hard to not take that deal if I were him.
- The pick of a punter in Rd 5 and then a Long Snapper in Rd. 7 were head scratchers on the surface. Can’t remember the last time a punter AND LS were drafted by one team in the same draft(?)
- The Packers FO brain drain continues
- NFC North Teams and their overall Draft:
- Chicago Bears - Drafted LB Roquan Smith from UGA with the No. 9 overall pick in Rd. 1 (Smith looks like a stud LB)...The Bears are quietly building a young, formidable defense.
- Detroit Lions - The Lions remind me of the Milwaukee Bucks...they always seem to have pre-season hype and expectations and always fall short. They drafted a Center in round 1(?)
- Minnesota Vikings - Drafted a CB out of UCF with the 30th overall pick. The Vikings are the team to beat until further notice.